General Terms & Conditions
The Good Yarn has reserved the rights that any terms and conditions may be changed at any time at our sole discretion. The latest version of the terms and conditions is the version that the business will be governed by, at this point in time, and supersedes all past versions.
All terms and conditions are in relation to The Good Yarn. By carefully reading these terms and conditions you are agreeing to abide by these rules set for the visiting and browsing purposes of the website by The Good Yarn. If you do not agree with any of the terms and conditions you are prohibited from browsing or accessing the website www.thegoodyarn.com.au and all related websites. If you are currently browsing the website please close it immediately, as any use means you are agreeing and will abide by any of the rules that have been set to govern our site.
2. Website Limitations
The Good Yarn website contains material that is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, although is not limited to, the website layout/appearance, look, designs, photography, graphics and logos. The downloading of any of the material, modifications or reproduction of site material is prohibited, unless permission is given by The Good Yarn and you have our express written consent.
3. Limitations & Liability
Other than as specified expressly in these terms and conditions we will not be liable for any loss or damage (including indirect or consequential loss or damage) however caused which may be suffered or incurred or which may arise directly or indirectly in respect of the use by you of The Good Yarn service, The Good Yarn products or The Good Yarn website except to the extent that such liability cannot be excluded by law.
All content on The Good Yarn websites including text, graphics, logos, designs, photographs, button icons, images, audio/video clips, data compilations and software and its compilation is the property of The Good Yarn and is protected by New Zealand, Australian and International copyright laws.
You may not modify, download, create, copy, distribute, transmit, display, reproduce, duplicate, publish, license, create derivative works from, or offer for sale any information contained on, or obtained from, The Good Yarn website without our express written consent.
All The Good Yarn graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, images and product names are the copyright of The Good Yarn. and copyright materials may not be used in connection with any product or service without written approval.
You must not:
- Republish any Content from our Website or Social Media as your own;
- Reproduce or exploit any Content on our Website or Social Media for commercial purpose;
- Edit or otherwise modify any Content from or on our Website and Social Media; or
- Redistribute any Content from this Website and Social Media unless we have given expressed written consent
5. Jurisdictional Operations and Issues
The Good Yarn is a business that is controlled and operated from Australia. Our site only operates in conjunction within the jurisdiction of Australian local laws.
6. Applicable & Governing law
Any use of this site will be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of Australia. Disputes that may arise from misuse of our site will be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of Australia and its local laws.
7. Intellectual Property
All content on our Website and Social Media is owned by or licensed to us and is protected under Australian, New Zealand and International copyright laws. You may only view, share and download content for caching purposes.
8. Policy on Ideas & Suggestions Submissions
When a customer has thoughts for enhancements or offers ideas or suggestions for products and services to be used, The Good Yarn becomes the owner of this intellectual property as soon as these recommendations are submitted. The Good Yarn does welcome and encourage customers to give us ideas and suggestions on enhancements to the website, products or services. Although if you mean to use your intellectual property for your own use, it is advised that you do not submit your idea or suggestion to us..
9. Delivery & Dispatch
The Good Yarn dispatches its Australian orders from its Australian Warehouse and New Zealand orders from Ashburton, New Zealand. Your order will be fulfilled and dispatched within various time frames according to where it is warehoused. Payment must be received in full before it will be fulfilled.
10. Pricing, Returns & Refund Policies
All advertised prices are inclusive of GST where applicable. Prices of products and services are subject to change at any time and without prior notice.
10.2 Returns and Refunds
If a product or service you buy fails to meet a consumer guarantee, you have the right to ask for a repair, replacement or refund under the Australian Consumer Law. The remedy you’re entitled to will depend on whether the issue is major or minor.
In the case of a faulty product/s, a quality inspection by us is usually required. If you have a faulty item or are not happy with your product, please start off by emailing our Customer Service Team at firstname.lastname@example.org If we require further inspection of a product or you are not 100% satisfied with your product, we may ask for the product to be returned to us within the 30 days.
If the problem with a product or service is minor, you must accept a free repair if the business offers you one.
You can ask for a replacement or refund if the problem with the product is major.
Replaced products must be of an identical type to the product originally supplied. Refunds should be the same amount you have already paid, provided in the same form as your original payment.
The Good Yarn may take into account how much time has passed since you bought the product considering the following factors:
- type of product
- how a consumer is likely to use the product
- the length of time for which it is reasonable for the product to be used
- the amount of use it could reasonably be expected to tolerate before the failure becomes noticeable.
11. Posting Policy
You may upload posts on Social Media subject to the following:
11.1 Intellectual Property Rights
You grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free, worldwide licence to use any Intellectual Property in Posts or Electronic Communication, including rights to:
- Copy, reformat, edit or translate;
- Publicly perform or present;
- Distribute for any purpose including for commercial or advertising purpose; and
- Incorporate in our website and Social Media or any other works.
- Intellectual Property Licence in relation to that material ends when you delete that Post but you understand that even if you delete Posts, we may still keep back-ups for a reasonable period of time.
11.2 Prohibited Posts
You must not upload any Post that:
- is an image of another person or another person’s property without their consent;
- is harmful, threatening, abusive or harassing;
- promotes racism, bigotry, hatred, physical harm or any other discriminatory behaviour
- is false, misleading or fraudulent;
- advertises any company or their goods or services other than us;
- Invades someone else’s privacy and rights.
11.3 Your warranty in post
- you have the right and authority to provide the Post in the manner it is posted;
- you own the Post and have the right to assign copyright ownership and other Intellectual Property to us; and
- the Content is not prohibited content under above clause
Monitoring of Social Media
We have not reviewed and cannot review all Posts and we are not responsible for liability arising out of your Post.
We may, at our sole discretion, pre-screen, reject or remove any Post you provide for any reason
12. Online Shopping Terms and Conditions
These terms apply to the ordering, purchase and delivery of goods from the Website and form a contract between you and The Good Yarn
13. Placing orders
You agree that:
- You will abide by the Terms regarding promotions where goods are limited by per person or per address. Any quantity restrictions will be stated on the promotional material.
- The Good Yarn will not be liable to you for loss you or any third party suffers for a delay or failure to process your Order or deliver Goods due to inaccurate or incomplete details provided in an Order.
- Once an order has been placed it cannot be guaranteed that it can be amended.
- You must be at least 18 years of age (or 16 years of age with parental consent) with an active phone number and email address to purchase Goods.
- Orders placed separately or consecutively cannot be consolidated. A separate Delivery Fee will be applied to each order.
- We reserve all rights to refuse fulfilment of an order. In these circumstances you will be advised and any money that has been paid will be refunded
- That it is your responsibility to ensure that a promotional Coupon Code is valid and that it is entered and applied correctly at the time of placing an order.
- To the terms that only one promotional Coupon Code can be used at a time and does not work in conjunction with any other promotional offers.
- To read and abide by the terms of individual promotional offers carefully. Some offers may exclude postage and handling costs and other costs incurred as a result of redeeming the offer.
- All references to times in promotions are based on local EST Australian or New Zealand Standard time, based on where the order was placed unless stated otherwise.